Intricate Mehndi

“To create art with all the passion in one's soul is to live art with all the beauty in one's heart.” ― Aberjhani

Meet 'Intricate Mehndi' an astoundingly brilliant henna artist. The diverse nature of her skills can be exhibited in her ability to transfer her love for this art form from paper to object - Be it human or candle or plate.

1. How long have you been a henna artist and what motivated you to start? 



I stumbled across Mehndi and would never have thought I would be able to draw a single pattern. I don't have an artistic bone in my body! A Mehndi artist used to do my henna and she inspired me to learn. I contacted various people who would be willing to teach me and finally got in contact with a local community that organised a beginner course. I attended ten sessions and learnt the basics from there. So here I am 3 years later doing Mehndi.



2. If you had to, how would you describe your Henna/Mehndi style?


I don't have a specific style, but I would class it as Arabic/Indian



3. Where do you draw inspiration for your designs from?



My inspirations come from anything such as nature, patterns,art and the work of other Mehndi artists.



4. Do you have any favorite henna artist at the moment?


I don't have a favorite henna artist.



5. What piece of advice would you give to someone who wants to start or is interested in Henna?


The best advice that I can give is practice,Practice, PRACTICE. 



6. Best and worst moment as an artist?


The best moments as a henna artist is when someone appreciates your work and talent.
Worst part is when you have done a design and the customer comes back to fix the design as they have smudged it!

7. Any tips and tricks?








  • Practice, practice, practice. 
  • Watch other Mehndi artists apply their Mehndi
  • Try different styles of Mehndi as I've found some people's hands suit a different type of Mehndi.


8. What do you Love most about being a Henna artist?


Drawing henna patterns is my form of relaxing.


A snippet of her Talents





Contact Details


Facebook: Intricate Mehndi
Email: intricatemehndi@hotmail.co.uk
BBM: 7b2642f6
Mobile: 07811099548
Instagram: @IntricateMehndi





0 comments:

Post a Comment

What more would you like to see? All comments and suggestions are welcome. Leave them below.

 

The Authors