Henna Hand Canvas (Erasable)






Its finally winter in most parts of the world and its absolutely freezing. So I went and purchased a pair of gloves. When I unwarped the pack I found these cardboard hands lined in them. I looked at it, an idea popped into my head and I ended up recycling them into something useful.






What you'll need



1. Paper (cardboard or regular)
2. Scissors
3. Pencil (or something to draw with)
4. Laminating sheets
5. Laminating machine or Iron and cloth (like I am using)


1. Fold your piece of paper if you want to make two identical hands




2. Trace a hand shape on the paper. Because I have the cardboard hands, I only had to trace the wrist area.



So I ended up with this..



3. Place your traced hand in the laminating sheet and laminate.


To laminate without a laminating machine place the sheet between two pieces of cotton cloth or any material that can withstand high temperature from the iron. Iron over the cloth and the heat will transfer to the sheets to close them up. It should end up like this...


Just make sure you take safety precautions when you do this.

4. Cut your hand out. 



Once done make sure there are no air spaces or bubbles around the edges of your hand. If there are, go back and iron it out. 

5. Finally, your finished product should look something like this..



If you'd like to know the measurements I  used - the hands are about 11 inches in length and about 2 inches in width




Laminating the paper makes it water proof and slippery, hence it's a perfect canvas for practicing henna designs on as the henna cannot not stain it and can be erased if mistakes are made and washed off for re-use. You'll never have to beg your friends to be your manikins and you'll never have to worry about shaky hands when you are trying to practice a design. 




Overall I feel that this is a resourceful and simple way to help you better your artist skills.
Have fun making them if you decide to try it. Definitely let me know how it turns out.


Have a great day
- Ray from HR



1 comments:

What more would you like to see? All comments and suggestions are welcome. Leave them below.

 

The Authors